Monday, May 5, 2008

Welcome!

欢迎!Welcome! This is my first attempt on a real blog. Usually blogs are about self-pontification and navel gazing and since I'm not big on that I could never really maintain one. One thing I do like is sharing information. Why China? Why Gold? China, because I have lived there and speak and read Chinese. Though parts of the Chinese media are very much controlled (like politics) I find many interesting tidbits regarding business and society in the Chinese press. Why gold? I've been interested in it for a while, though I am not sure I can yet call myself a hardcore gold bug, but gold will become more and more important as economic imbalances and monetary policy weaken the dollar and other major currencies. China has often been focused as the new big place for gold. A lot of information is available but reading the Chinese press and news bulletins from the Shanghai Gold Exchange, there is so much more. I have been reading and translating this for my own enjoyment but I have decided to share some as a hobby. Please feel free to look and comment and always feel free to email me at chinagoldnews@gmail.com. Enjoy!

No comments: